Thank you for watching this audio lesson!
Have a great day!
⌛ Remember: Always listen to the audio three times. Twice today, and once tomorrow. This will reinforce the English you have learned!
S, s – [ es ] – / ɛs /
Noun, plural S’s or Ss, s’s or ss.
- the nineteenth letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter S or s, as in saw, sense, or goose.
- something having the shape of an S.
- a written or printed representation of the letter S or s.
- a device, as a printer’s type, for reproducing the letter S or s.
The nineteenth (19th) letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
Letter Ss is the 19th, letter of the alphabet; it comes before letter Tt, and after Letter Rr.