Thank you for watching this audio lesson!
Have a great day!
⌛ Remember: Always listen to the audio three times. Twice today, and once tomorrow. This will reinforce the English you have learned!
A, a – [ ey ] – / eɪ /
Noun, plural A’s or As, a’s or as.
- the first letter of the English alphabet, a vowel.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter A or a, as in bake, hat, father, or small.
- something having the shape of an A.
- a written or printed representation of the letter A or a.
- a device, as a printer’s type, for reproducing the letter A or a.
IDIOMS FOR A, A
- from A to Z, from beginning to end; thoroughly; completely:
- He knows the Bible from A to Z.
- not know from A to B, to know nothing; be ignorant.
The first (1st) letter of the English alphabet, a vowel.
Letter Aa is the 1st letter of the alphabet; it comes before letter Bb, and after Letter Zz.