amazing – [ uh-mey-zing ] – / əˈmeɪ zɪŋ / – Adjective
- causing great surprise or sudden wonder.
WORDS RELATED TO AMAZING
unbelievable, fascinating, surprising, incredible, awesome, marvelous, stunning, wonderful, prodigious, shocking
ORIGIN OF AMAZING
First recorded in 1520–30; amaze
OTHER WORDS FROM AMAZING
EXAMPLES FROM THE WEB FOR AMAZING
- What an amazing thing to be able to listen to any music you want, a whole world of bands.
- It got it all out there… Gene Hackman and Douglas… Melvyn Douglas is amazing.
- Amazing how people can still haul this one out with a straight face.
- On the show, it led to this half-comical, half-horrifying, but 100 percent amazing moment.
- That was amazing because I spent so much time in a different kind of studio for once!
- Morquil’s aid was enlisted, to translate the text, and he learned some amazing facts.
- History will record their acts as the most amazing in the annals of Great Britain.
- All who heard this amazing assertion were, I think, as completely taken aback by it as I was.
- “This is the most amazing tale I’ve ever heard,” Brainard said slowly.
- That universe is fluid and fluent; its contents dissolve and re-form with amazing rapidity.