Teach: (Discussion and Reading)
Reading Rainbow Level One Page 47: The Pet Store (PDF &Textbook)
Here is a kitten. – [kit·ten – [kit-n] – /ˈkɪt n/]
Kitten is a small/young cat
Here is a puppy. – [pup·py – [puhp-ee] – /ˈpʌp i/]
Puppy is a small/young dog
Here is a fish. – [fish – [fish] – /fɪʃ/]
Goldfish – The fish shown in the picture is Goldfish.
Here is a frog. – [frog – [frog, frawg] – /frɒg, frɔg/]
Tadpole is a small/young frog
Here is a gerbil. – [ger·bil – [jur-buh l] – /ˈdʒɜr bəl/]
Gerbil has whiskers
Here is a bird. – [bird – [burd] – /bɜrd/]
Bird has wings that help it fly
Here is a snake. – [snake – [sneyk] – /sneɪk/]
Snake is a reptile and has scales.
Here is a bunny. – [bun·ny – [buhn-ee] – /ˈbʌn i/]
Bunny is s small/young rabbit
Focus Word(s): Kitten, Puppy, Goldfish, Tadpole, Gerbil, Reptile, Bunny
- Is there a pet store or pet shop in Nantong?
- Does the student have a pet store or pet shop in their neighborhoods?
- What can you see and do at the pet store?
- Do you have a pet, and if so which pet do you have?
- Do your neighbors have a pet, and if so which pet do they have?
- Do your grandparents have a pet, and if so which pet do they have?
Have some of the students come to the front and read the story without books.
Pet – Any domesticated or tamed animal that is kept as a companion and cared for.
Store – An establishment where merchandise is sold, usually on a retail basis.
Shop – A retail store, especially a small one.
No Homework Given