Thank you for watching this audio lesson!
Have a great day!
⌛ Remember: Always listen to the audio three times. Twice today, and once tomorrow. This will reinforce the English you have learned!
Z, z – [ zee or, esp. British, zed; Archaic iz-erd ] – / zi or, esp. British, zɛd; Archaic ˈɪz ərd /
Noun, plural Z’s or Zs, z’s or zs.
- the twenty-sixth letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter Z or z, as in zero, zigzag, or buzzer.
- something having the shape of a Z.
- a written or printed representation of the letter Z or z.
- a device, as a printer’s type, for reproducing the letter Z or z.
The twenty-sixth (26th) letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
Letter Zz is the 26th, letter of the alphabet; it comes before letter Aa, and after Letter Yy.