Thank you for watching this audio lesson!
Have a great day!
⌛ Remember: Always listen to the audio three times. Twice today, and once tomorrow. This will reinforce the English you have learned!
Y, y – [ wahy ] – / waɪ /
Noun, plural Y’s or Ys, y’s or ys.
- the twenty-fifth letter of the English alphabet, a semivowel.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter Y or y, as in yet, city, or rhythm.
- something having the shape of a Y.
- a written or printed representation of the letter Y or y.
- a device, as a printer’s type, for reproducing the letter Y or y.
The twenty-fifth (25th) letter of the English alphabet, a semivowel.
Letter Yy is the 25th, letter of the alphabet; it comes before letter Zz, and after Letter Xx.